Tuesday 2 April 2013

A new "Worzel Gummidge" head for me today!


After a bout of the "GLUMS" yesterday I started the day with new resolve and a new "head" on.  A new focus and a new outlook. 

I'm very much an extremist and often have a black and white view of life.  So its refreshing that I start this new month with a new focus.  

My juicing daily is a commitment and habit so I am comfortable this will not change.  I see it as a natural supplement to my daily digestion!

I also add daily supplements like digestive enzymes, probiotics, multi Vit and Omega3.  This is because my gastric band compromising my ability to eat enough live foods to get what I need.  

I'm starting my day with Apple Cider Vinegar and water too.  

Today's new head is about being less obsessive about RAW.. not that I'm not still passionate about it and my kitchen and pantry are now set up to make more.. but I found I was becoming phobic of all other  foods. Anything not Raw or anything slightly processed.  Anything with white flour, sugar, dairy .. pretty much anything that I hadn't made.  It was really upsetting me and making me feel like a failure.

Reality is I need to do what I CAN do and NOT about what I'm scared of not doing!  This journey of rehabilitating my toxic body is not about some fad detox diet.. its about establishing GOOD habits that are life giving.  And I was beginning to be overwhelmed by the enormity of it all.

The Easter Weekend was a good reminder to me is that every day is a NEW day.  Nothing is "undoable".. and I'm NOT a victim of a defeatist attitude!

I am going to remember that like Worzel Gummidge I have a purpose and yet I can have an "interchangeable head", something for all occasions.  I can be flexible and it wont be the end of the earth! Lets face it.. sometimes Aunt Sally wants CAKE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment