Monday 29 July 2013

You know when its time....

Today I had my long anticipated phone consultation with the very special and most amazing Jon Gabriel.  It was the last part of my Case Study program that I had left.  A one on one consultation that I had waited and held off having till I felt ready to make the most of it.

Of late, life has been so good.  Yes there are ups and downs but my healthy handling of them has been a real achievement and testimony to the holistic benefits of the Gabriel Method.

As time goes by habits and life for me can get a little boring.  I am the kind of person always looking for the "next big thing" or the next bit of excitement.  I am learning this more and more about myself.

Recently I felt I was slipping back into some not so healthy habits, nutritionally, mentally and physically.  And I am so grateful that I now have such a good self awareness to address things before they become the next big failure!.  (habit of the past).


I have allowed Gluten to invade my life (especially wheat)... not so much like before but I'm realising that I have been giving myself permission to eat bad food (a food that is bad for my health) and this in turn has become a bad habit.  

Finding that fine line between Self discipline, self control and self loving can be really hard to do sometimes!

What I have to often do is STOP.. LISTEN .. LEARN .. then ACT... its a process that takes time to do sometimes and I don't always give myself space to do it.  But I knew 2 weeks ago it was time to STOP.. listen to my heart and my self talk... learn some lessons and ACT...


This lead me to seek help from the most amazing NLP (Neuro linguistic programming) coach and good friend Joel de la Cruz from:




Joel and I go way back and its been such a pleasure to see how smart he is when it comes to people and relationships - so its no surprise he is known as "The Relationship Oracle". 

Joel and I had a NLP session where he helped me identify some stuff that I actually didn't fully appreciate about myself. 

After I had my NLP session with Joel I knew it was time to speak to Jon Gabriel.. to take my Nutritional and Body journey to the next level.. to REALLY show myself how important I am.. and worthy of living happy, content and healthy.  

Today was the day I had my consultation with Jon.  He is AWESOME, AMAZING, Inspiring, generous and totally "gets me".  I can chat easily and freely with him.. and he never judges but he never lies either.. he will tell you what he thinks.. and I like that!.

Today as expected (and if I am honest wanted) Jon told me if there was just ONE thing he wanted me to change forever that would be to NO LONGER eat Gluten.. which, I had adopted that lifestyle once before but it had crept back in when I got too lazy, life got too busy or too hard.. BUT.. I needed to hear this from the one person who could tell me to NOT do something and I actually DO listen to..  I allow Jon to have this power over me because I absolutely trust him.  Jon actually had a few golden nuggets of advice that I will be implementing them.  

The more I trust myself the more I understand that The Gabriel Method, though a program of adding.. there are some things I choose to ditch too.. BUT it does not need to seem like a DIET.. because there is NOTHING diet about it.  I can trust that its a tool box.. a tailor made set of value and principles that I have adopted to let me be the healthiest mind, body and soul.

I don't think Jon fully knows the power he has over me and the respect I have for him.. I know Jon as absolutely trustworthy and that is a place held by just a few people in my life.   

Over time I may not have so much contact directly with The Gabriel Method as I just take on the lifestyle as my own but I have decided that is OK..  When something becomes too conditional in my life I know then I have made it into a "diet" or diet mindset.  But the fact that its been well over a year since starting to learn the Gabriel Method and I'm STILL doing it.. STILL living it.. and STILL LOVING it. AND ITS WORKING!!   I know its a Keeper.. and that's what counts.. and its through CONSISTENCY and NOT complacency that I will achieve my goal of being a medically healthy weight, a well balanced emotionally stabled and loving friend, wife, sister, mother.




No comments:

Post a Comment