Tuesday 16 July 2013

Consistent Living - Keep it, Switch it, Ditch it!

Today I was doing some gardening.. It is always good for my soul and helps me relax and meditate.

I found today's Theme that comes to my mind is "Consistency"  so I thought I would meditate on it some more and thought I would write about what Consistency means to me and why for me it's the Key to following the Gabriel Method.

I like to look for inspiring photos or quotes to go with my blog and this led me to this photo:



I decided to look these verse up and smile...


Philippians 1:27-30

New Life Version (NLV)

Fight for the Faith

27 Live your lives as the Good News of Christ says you should. If I come to you or not, I want to hear that you are standing true as one. I want to hear that you are working together as one, preaching the Good News. 28 Do not be afraid of those who hate you. Their hate for you proves they will be destroyed. It proves you have life from God that lasts forever. 29 You are not only to put your trust in Him, but you are to suffer for Him also. 30 You know what the fight is like. Now it is time for you to have a part in it as I have




As a Christian I know too well the Truths of the Gospel and living a Christ Centred life.. and one thing I have also known for the 35 years I have known Christ as my Lord; is that Consistency is a common theme. 

Consistency means to me developing GOOD habits that are LIFE GIVING, Loving and Honouring (to oneself and others).  


With my new life using the Gabriel Method, consistency is a common theme too.. which probably why it makes so much sense to me and why for the last year I have stuck with this as a lifestyle choice.   


Habits are a normal part of life a healthy life.  Choosing which ones to adopt and keep is something that I have discovered to be a process that can take time.


Habits can take 21 days to establish but Consistency is the KEY.  


The choice is yours if you want to develop a habit or change anything.  


It's my choice TODAY.. to live Consistently, honouring to my Beliefs, making good choices to improve and promote my Health,  and to increase my Happiness through loving!.





Anything that tries to sabotage you Consistently living is NOT life giving.. only you can decide if you should keep it, switch it or ditch it.    





2 comments:

  1. OMG Skippy thank you so much for that scripture, I needed it today more than any other, I nearly did not open up the blog today... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So pleased that it spoke to someone else too.. It drew me to it.. today has been one of those "in tune" days.. I love Intuition!

      Delete