Tuesday 16 April 2013

A bit of Brain Washing!



After yesterdays emotional eating brought on by refined sugar in a piece of gluten free brownie; I chose today to get back into focus.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY..

This morning I caught up with a close friend and cried on her shoulder about my plight yesterday.  I actually cried at my feeling of fear of failure and my sense that I was no great example that I keep getting told I am.  I could hear my self pity and doubt dribble out like an open wound.


As a true friend (whom happens to be a nurse!!) she helped me 'get over' myself and tactfully suggested I throw away the remaining offending brownie and brownie topped pie as it was obviously not going to do me any favours keeping it.  

She is totally right.. I had clearly said to her.. 'I ate it because it was there and I gave myself permission to eat it because it was a waste not to'

And ya know what?...... She is so right..

So I got home and IN THE BIN it went.. it felt good.. it didn't hurt me and it was NOT a waste to throw away something so toxic to my body and mind!

It was a valuable lesson to remember its OK  to THROW AWAY food!   It's also ok to have days when there is a bit of chaos in my life.  

I am stronger than I give myself credit and I refuse to fail!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment