Saturday 13 April 2013

Queen for a Day!


Today was the first Birthday I have celebrated since starting my Gabriel Method journey.  I really notice the change in me... not just physically but mentally.

My love language is Gifts.. I LOVE to give and receive them.. and its a bit alien to me anyone who does NOT share my passion for it.

In the past my birthday have been the perfect excuse to binge on processed foods.  To delight in the celebration that was always my permission to be greedy.

When ever I have had friends over they will confirm I have always gone OTT with the Salty and Sweet processed junk food goodies that were my old addicted passion.

But this year I opted to exhibit some of my alternative options of making my own home made mostly raw cake.  My friend made some Gluten free scones and we had yummy Tea and just Chilled Water... (no soft drinks or juices).

I didn't want to be depriving and my friends all contributed with yummy sugary goodies but I actually was content with the items I ate, enjoyed them lovingly, actually TASTED THEM.. savoured them.. and felt in LOVE with my food for once instead of chowing down mentally numb to flavour.... and I never felt I was missing out even thought my old nemesis NENISH TARTS were in attendance.

I made my own birthday cake; I researched a great deal for recipes that had ingredients I already had and knew I could make and i must say my end result was pretty darn awesome..


The base was made just with Nuts, dates and coconut oil, the middle layer was Avocado, cacao powder, coconut butter, coconut palm sugar and coconut oil and a little real vanilla.  The top was a gluten free brownie packet mix with added walnuts and pepita's...and it really was AMAZING...

I also didn't feel over occupied in "food" gathering before the High Tea,  and I even spent a couple of hours out on my own spending birthday money and getting my hair cut.  It was just awesome.. to be Queen for the day!

Life should always have moments when we can be Queen (or king).. where the we are the centre of attention.. but I am glad I never let it go to my head and forget my friends and family.  I'm so totally blessed by some amazing women in my life who all make me want to be the BEST me I can be.  They inspire me so much..... to me.. they are my hero's.. .. worth their weight in Gold!  (and Thanks to my hubby who watched 6 very excitable 3 - 7 yr old boys who were having their own play date at the same time - I hardly even noticed them).


Thank you to the 5 gorgeous and fabulous ladies who came and shared High Tea with me and let me be Queen for a couple of hours..   Its an honour to have you in my life!.

xx

HRH Skippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment