Friday 12 April 2013

Pre-Birthday Ponders

Me and my Daddy in 1972


Tomorrow is my 41st Birthday and I always have a little ponder about the last year and the coming year.

This time last year I was a very heavy weight.  I was anxious and hiding.  I did have an awesome 40th Birthday garden party with very special sweet friends and an amazing delicious cake made exactly how I wanted.

This year last year has been an amazing whirlwind of change.  

In May 2012 when looking for further ways of living a Whole-food life, I found The Gabriel Method for weight loss   I was impressed by Jons testimony and for the first time found a kindred spirit that backed up my belief that Diets Don't Work.

I started learning a lot about Jon's process to freedom from Obesity and the holistic approach he followed (and now teaches)  I wasn't trying too hard and I had not emerged myself into the daily visualising yet but in July I got an email inviting me to consider joining a new Case Study program Jon was offering for 6 months.  I felt nervous and excited.. I knew it was for me but the financial cost was a massive commitment.  But I trusted Jon enough to say YES... 

3 weeks after joining Case Study.. my husbands once secure job was made redundant.  Our world came tumbling down.. Suddenly we had no regular income and thought he got a payout that we had no idea how long it had to last and how we would manage.  

No work was around.. a LOT of people in our City had lost their jobs in the same industry and because of the high level of my husbands credentials he was just too expensive to employ! 

Times were tough..  Stress was high and if it was not for The Gabriel Method and Case Study I would NOT have got through the following months without having to return to medication.

My Gabriel Coach, Marjolijn, was a divine appointment.  A true blessing in my life.  I call her my Mummy Bird.. she held my hand through some tough soul work.  I chose to commit our precious finances to me seeing the case study program through, because the benefit to our family was worth it... even if it meant I had to get fit enough to work.  Im so glad I saw it through.   

The last half of 2012 are a blur and a whirlwind of emotion and memories.  So much has happened yet I feel its disappeared in the blink of an eye.  I think that is what happens when you live in the Present.. you no longer have time to dwell or store up negativity.. which lets be honest I know I had formed a habit of doing.

I was able to release some very painful memories from childhood and as I released these things back to where they came from, I started to find a freedom I had never known.  Freedom to discover ME.  Who I wanted to be, learn who I COULD be and its been amazing!

My journey has been less about weight loss and more about EVERYTHING.  My weight is a symptom of other more important concerns and THOSE are what I am choosing to address!

Part of the Case Study was an all access pass to Jon's events. This including attending his Kiama 4 day Retreat.  I signed up before my husband had found work and I just prayed we would be able to afford travel and accommodation when the time arrived in March 2013.

My husband did find a job before Christmas but his start date was not until January 2013.  Our financial situation was getting dire but at NO POINT did we ever not have enough to pay the essential bills due.. and this continues the to be the case despite the fact that his new job was a huge pay cut!.

Jon's Kiama Retreat was a massive turning point.. and i think all paths were leading to it.  so much of my life's journey came to a conclusion there.  And a HUGE door of New Hope opened. I stepped through it.. sang a welcome song to it and here I am.. writing a blog about my daily journey.

I sometimes read my blog or look in the mirror and say "who IS that woman?"  I know there are aspects of myself that are still evolving.  But I feel the true me has come out kicking, fighting and WINNING.

Since Kiama, my body has started to respond to the detoxing lifestyle I live.  I'm not weighing myself so I can't give my dear readers figures... but my Facebook page  http://www.facebook.com/SkippysTransformation has a few progress photos if you need to proof..   

This coming year is going to blow my mind if I think about it too hard.  I am focusing on the short term... this keeps me grounded.. but my Dreams and Visualisations are limitless..

NO REGRETS - NO FAILURES... JUST A JOURNEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment