Monday 29 April 2013

Tapping away Guilt and Shame

Today I was reminded how easy it is to feel attacked by a case of "Guilt and shame"  

Last night I made a quick meal for me and my husband.  The kids had gone to bed sick and we had had a big weekend.. We were all pretty tired so I had chucked on some Wild Rice mix to cook whilst I did very little else.  I decided to make a "fried" rice so I went and grabbed a baby leek from the garden and some garlic chives and I used healthy oils to sweat them off.  

I wanted to use some bacon as that smoky pork taste just makes me think Fried Rice but I only had some frozen peperoni slices so I grabbed some and cut up about 1/2 cup.. sweated it off and then added some zucchini slices and sweated those off.. then added it all to the drained wild rice and sprinkled in some Tamari and some Lemon Myrtle. 

It was amazing.. It would have been pretty bland so the little bit of peperoni added a level of flavour that would have been lost if it wasn't in there.. 

I shared this meal on my facebook GM Transformation page and woke this morning to someone challenging me about the Peperoni (which I had called Salami but what I used was actually a pizza topping) [NOTE: I have deleted the post now as I don't want to shame anyone nor do I want reminding of the conversation]

YES I know its a processed meat.  Yes it wasn't the best option but it was all I had to hand and I wanted that in my meal.  

Gabriel Method is about FREEDOM.. not depriving and if all I chose to do at that time was add peperoni then so be it.. However I also chose to have digestive enzymes and Gabriel Method green capsules to help process the meal.  That to me is the true nature of Gabriel Method.. it is to eat free of depriving thoughts that a diet mindset promote and to be able to have options of detoxing when you are just living a normal life. 

For me being challenged about food is STILL a trigger it seems.. One that I am grateful has shown itself today.  I immediately felt attacked, like I was being shamed and guilty.  It was NOT her fault and I know she had no idea that I would feel the way I did. 

Despite these feelings that rose pretty quickly I didn't feel like chucking in the towel.  I wont be having a tantrum and having a binge to stuff down the feelings.  I'm choosing to address it head on.  And RELEASE it to where it came from.

I have just used this Clearing method to release this issue - Its called Tapping and it works!



We have the power to get rid of guilt.. and I totally plan to NOT being a victim any longer

Will I use peperoni again.. Probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment