Sunday 21 April 2013

Treat or Tyrant?


This weekend my husband and I were treated to a rare weekend away child free! Anyone with kids will know how special this can be.

We chose a B&B less than an hour from home but right on Morton Bay which is east of the beautiful Brisbane Queensland. Hubby has been spending a lot of time working away from home so this was a well looked forward to time away. 

Where we stayed is Villa De Maria, run by a lovely retired Pilot and his wife.  They have their own jetty and yacht and the house is a Tuscan style villa.. with its own Olive Grove courtyard.  They were lovely hosts and we enjoyed it a lot.




We decided to have a sunset picnic by the water instead of going to Gold Class Cinema and it was such an amazing evening.  We had REAL Italian Sorbet watching the sun set then devoured cheese, fruit, ham and gluten free bread as the sun disappeared and the cool night began.  It did get rather chilly even here in Queensland! 


The Sunset was a amazing and there were several wedding parties taking advantage of the romantic setting.  Several families with their kids still out playing till dark and there was this AMAZING tree that was silhouetted by the sunset that looked like a "tree of life".  Pretty great place to be.

I felt great till the cold breeze picked up and we decided to make our exit and take a drive too look for a cafe to get a hot drink.

We ended up driving and then finding the local RSL and getting a cup of tea from there.  

By 7.30pm though I was feeling VERY tired.  I blame the sugary Sorbet.  Having detoxed my body off Cane Sugar I really feel its effect now and this is a good thing as I used to binge on and love eating candy and now see why my body would just go into a sugar coma every afternoon.

I love being able to FEEL effects of foods and be accountable to that reaction.  I love that control.. Im a control freak.  But I didn't like it last night when I could have been enjoying myself more than I was.  We could have gone for a night walk but I was exhausted.  Instead I had an early night watching TV in bed!..

I don't feel guilty for having the sorbet.. it was rather nice to begin with and I didn't finish mine as I found it too sweet half way through but I did enjoy it .. but ... happy to not have it again.  It didn't "rock my world" in a great way.  My taste is just so different.  

I'm grateful for the journey I am on.  LIVING not just blindly existing.  Making choices not just being a victim. 

My treats don't have to be a tyrants but they can be learning experiences!


No comments:

Post a Comment