Wednesday 22 May 2013

Living and not being controlled

I am sorry I have not blogged for a while.  I have been working on LIVING instead of being overly obsessive about food, Gabriel Method and the semantics of Nutrition. 

I have a huge knowledge base already of what I 'should' be doing and I have to trust myself now to KNOW the right thing to do day in and day out.

I have had a huge liberation from feeling the need to actually Juice daily (I am still drinking Green Juice every day though) once I trusted that I could make a batch of Juice that would last a couple of days.  This has let me off the leash for some freedom to get on with life and enjoy it.

I have been able to eat out with my family and "GM" up my meals by carrying Chia seeds with me.   I also carry my own "sugar" blend to sweeten my green teas and occasional long black coffee..  Its basically Half Coconut Palm Sugar granules and Half Xylitol granules.  Its a really nice blend as its not overly sweet but it adds flavour to what can be bitterness from tea and coffee.  It also means I use hardly any milk these days.


Life is finally finding a balance between obsessively being concerned about the food I put in my body and being a mother to my kids and a wife to my husband.

Sadly these things never seemed to blend well.  I found it hard to be focused on ME and others at the same time.  Now its not just about ME ME ME its about just plain old BEING.

Its ok to have  lazy day.. Its ok to have some chocolate at 10pm watching NCIS.  I choose to only buy 85% organic chocolate.. its expensive $4 for 100g but I find I'm happy with just a cube or two and I nibble it.. the small sugar content doesn't play mind games for me.. and I'm happy to say I don't crave it.  I just like to have that rich cacao taste in my mouth.. 

My veg garden is coming along nicely with crops now starting to produce harvest.  I am currently enjoying my spinach and harvest it when its small and tender.  It looks rather like Warrigal greens (which I'm hoping to find a natural supply locally I can forage)  I have harvested several tasty radish and enjoying new ways of pepping up a salad.  I have a healthy herb garden that includes:  Parsley, sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Basil, Mint, Stevia, Lemon Balm, Self Heal, Garlic Chives and wormwood. I am growing celery from shop bought celery hearts.  I love that we can grow veg from the left overs of ones purchased.

The other veg we are growing are Cherry Tomatoes, Black Russian Tomato, Chilli,  Fennel, Celeriac, Kale, Orange and Purple Carrots, leeks, shallots, pumpkin and we have a watermelon plant in flower (but not sure it will produce fruit) Passion Fruit, banana's, pineapple, oranges, white Mulberry, strawberries and raspberries.  

Not all are producing right now.. but we are very proud that we are developing a garden that is live giving.  




4 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your posts Skip and so proud f your achievements :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your posts skippy, your inspiring and real to watch... I love to watch your journey as it is helping mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Dee.. its an honour to be sharing my journey with others.. xx

    ReplyDelete