Wednesday 5 June 2013

My own Journey is my destiny



With weight loss diet plans its always highly "goal" orientated.. and I struggled all the time knowing what was a realistic and ideal goal.  I could never set a goal because I never understood why some weeks my body shed lots of weight and others I put on weight.

When I discovered the Gabriel Method all the old DIET ways were thrown in the bin and new concepts and ideas were presented.

Understanding my BODY first and its needs was something I had surface knowledge of (like every experienced diet follower learns) but I never understood the core root of WHY my body was fat to begin with.

Society have "dumbed" down the whole understanding of weight loss/gain and tried to convince the world its all about Calories IN and Energy OUT.  Yes this is PART of the process.. but it NEVER factored in the Brain and Body connection.  Slowly that message is getting out there.

I have seen through the TV show The Biggest Loser that they are finally focusing on the MENTAL relationships side of Obesity and less on the exercise and food aspects.. and this years Australian Families Biggest loser is the first one I watched "religiously" with my 7 yr old son and I respected the show.. enjoyed its entertainment value but also the way it enabled conversations with the kids and implementation of NEW ways in our house hold.

For me I no longer have a GOAL that is weight focused.  I'm focusing on little steps and bigger respect for my body, my soul, my spirit, my LIFE as a whole.

Life is now a JOURNEY and Destination in ONE.  I am seeing every moment as an arrival.  Every experience as a Fait Accompli because every second counts!.  Every word, breath, mouthful of food, thought, emotion, interaction .. EVERYTHING matters.  Its what focus I put on everything individually that will determine next steps.

If I focus too much on FOOD.. then I find my mind can't focus on my SOUL.. if I focus too much on NEGATIVES.. I can't focus on LOVING..   If I focus too much on being SICK.. I can't focus on being WELL.


WHAT IS YOUR FOCUS TODAY ON?   

Every moment matters. ..  I want to embrace and enjoy it all!

2 comments:

  1. Skippy, thank you for this post. Your realizations about this journey are so valuable for me and I am sure others. Your last paragraph is so important. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete